Monday, March 1, 2010

Some days you just have to throw in the towel

Today did NOT start off well, I'll be honest with you.


First off, Mike's car is on the blink and he's not the most organised of people so it's still at the mechanics, a mere three days after he took it in.  I wouldn't mind so much if they were actually working on the thing, but seeing as they can't identify the problem yet and Mike hasn't given them permission to do any unauthorised work, it's been there since Friday in the same blinkin' state it started in.  Sigh.  So today he has my car, which means I can't leave the house.  I got all excited for about ten minutes planning a walk with Owen, but then I remembered the buggy's in the boot and Mike won't have thought to take it out before he left at 5.30am.  Double sigh.


The next thing to go wrong was Owen waking up at 6am.  This isn't SO bad, but seeing as I don't usually feed him until 7am, it was kind of irritating to have to go in to his room and shush him, then not be able to go back to sleep for the extra hour because my body assumed getting out of bed meant getting out of bed.


Well, Owen's feed was, as usual, a spectacular fountain of puke.  We are down to the barest essentials now with his clothes as he's growing at an alarming rate (he's nine months old and yesterday we noticed he'd grown out of his 12-month babygrows.  Awesome), and all the burp cloths are filthy from the weekend.  I know it's not much, but not having anything clean and/or fitting for him just really, really gets to me.  I mean, if he HAS to throw up constantly, the very least I can do for him as a parent is keep him clean and wearing clothes.  I dunno... it just seemed relentless this morning.


So, after all this nonsense, I settled down on the laptop to load the internet... and the thing doesn't work.  Argh.  After FOUR attempts to get to my desktop in an hour it finally calmed down... and the internet doesn't work!  Apparently there's an issue with my wireless card and I'm so far past caring about the waste of my life I just invested in it that I can't even bring myself to discuss it.  Needless to say, the laptop is now lying abandoned on the floor and I'm on the big Mac.  Mac = much better.  I think my next machine will be a Notebook Air, or whatever they're called.  They just never seem to fail!


Well... after FINALLY getting online here, I check my e-mails and what do I find?  An innocent e-mail from my publishers.  After waiting a whole week, sleeping badly and chewing my nails down to the quick... they are not picking up my proposal.


BASTARDS!!


I sulked for a good hour after reading that, then sent them a cursory e-mail thanking them for their time and informing them I'll be finding another publisher.  It WILL get published, mark my words.


Anyway, after all this mayhem and foolishness this morning, I decided to treat myself to some new music on iTunes.  I finally found that bitchin' song I love from Abby and Luka's wedding on Season 13 of ER and have been jamming away to it ever since.  Because sometimes when things go wrong, you just have to throw in the towel and jam out to this:


"Can't Stop" by Ozomatli


Tina.

No comments:

Post a Comment