Monday, March 8, 2010

Day One

I have debated and debated over whether or not to put my real weight on here for all and sundry to read and gasp at.  I have come to the conclusion that, unless I face the truth and my eating demons, I will continue to be overweight, unhealthy and a bad influence on my son as he grows up.  Therefore, here is the first of hopefully many entries about how the new lifestyle is going.

Weight: 219.4 lb 

I CANNOT believe that figure and I am absolutely horrified.  Admittedly my clothes don't fit me very well any more, and I don't do any exercise at all, but STILL.  That is completely and utterly disgusting.  I was 194 lb when I had my first weigh-in at the doctors when I initially got pregnant in September 2008, so that is my first major milestone.  Before that though, I have a few minor milestones to reach, starting with the first five pounds.  I would like to eventually be 150 lb, but I'm planning on taking this slowly and changing my eating habits for good, so that particular goal may take some time.  And that's okay.

The new eating plan is more time-consuming than I anticipated, but I'm going from heating up chilli and topping it with cheese in the microwave, so let's face it: anything else will of course be time consuming.  I like the hummus and hard-boiled eggs combo though, even if it required over an hour's preparation time.  Yum.

I also got out for a walk today with Owen today.  That was fun and put him to sleep, so double win.

I promise not to get too dull and weight-focused, but I do need to write these things down so I'm accountable for myself, my eating and my exercise habits.  If you think it's boring, move on!  This blog is a way for me to write down things for ME, so that is what I intend to do.

I'm looking forward to being healthier and having more energy for Owen.  :)

Tina.

No comments:

Post a Comment