Monday, October 26, 2009

Babysitting blues

I think my depression is in full swing at the moment, because all my recent posts have been so glum and dreary.  Well, I'm sorry to say that this one is no different.

Today I am SO upset, because Mike and I have been trying for months (since before Owen was born, in fact), to arrange a babysitter for one night in November.  Mike splurged on some Bill Cosby tickets for his birthday and we've really been looking forward to it since he got them in March.  Now the date is drawing near, and try as I might, I haven't been able to secure anyone to watch Owen.  I even resorted to contacting a creepy friend of a creepy friend, and sent her a tentative e-mail over a week ago.  This morning she got in touch spouting some crap about going away the weekend before we need her and how her kid has a cold.  Err...?  How is that relevant to November 14th?  If you don't want to look after my special needs baby, for crying out loud JUST SAY SO!  Also, don't be crap and leave it a whole week before replying to me.

I really really feel like Mike and I need to catch a break.  We just can't seem to stop arguing at the moment and it's tearing us apart.  I know it's my fault, because I'm so unforgiving and hard to please, but I think spending some time away from the baby and feeling like we're on a date again will help us reconnect.  I mean, it's not as though I'm asking for the moon on a stick here: just someone to watch and feed a baby for a few hours who isn't a weirdo.

Apparently all my "mates" are mysteriously busy.  And crap.

Tina.

No comments:

Post a Comment